The Audit Senior/Supervisor is responsible for 1) organizing and managing audit, review, and other attestation engagements and 2) completion of engagement tasks from planning of the engagements to reporting and issuance of reports. Clients include the following industries: not-for-profit, governmental (school districts, charter schools, municipal authorities, and local governments, including Single Audits) commercial, and employee benefit plans.
- Manage one or more client engagements simultaneously, ensuring the overall success of each engagement.
- Acquire strong working knowledge of client’s business.
- Build strong working relationships with clients to gather information and resolve problems.
- Identify, communicate and solve engagement and technical issues as well as communicating engagement progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Supervise, train and mentor Audit Associates.
- Work as an effective team member to successfully complete engagements including:
- Preparing financial statements, footnote disclosures and management letter comments.
- Assisting with engagement administration including planning engagements, developing audit programs and customized procedures, budgets and wrap-up.
- Researching and analyzing financial statement and audit related issues.
- 4 – 7 years public accounting auditing experience
- CPA license preferred, not required
- Experience with Pfx Engagement preferred, not required
- Strong project management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, technical and research skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics with recommended solutions